Voltron Defender of the Brickverse
Clasic 1980s cartoon Voltron Defender of the Universe
gets the LEGO Treatment.
This 1984 series has been turned into a fan made LEGO Ideas set. The set is the largest and most expensive LEGO Ideas set to date coming in at a whopping 2321 piece count and a UK RRP of £159.99.
Here are some images and the LEGO anouncment.
21311 LEGO® Ideas Voltron Ages 16+. 2,321 pieces GERMANY 179.99 EUR / DENMARK 1499 DKK / UK 159.99 GBP / AUSTRALIA 289.99 AUD / HONG KONG 1599 HKD / US 179.99 USD / CANADA 229.99 CAD *Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing. Let’s go Voltron force in LEGO® style! Build 5 awesome lions and get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron—the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! Activate interlocks! Dynotherms connected! Infracells up! Megathrusters are go! Form feet and legs with the blue and yellow lions. Form arms with the red and green lions. And form torso and head with the mighty black lion. Then grab the super robot’s huge sword and shield and form Voltron to defend the universe!
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
• Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
• Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
• Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
• Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
• Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
• Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
• Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
• Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
• Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
• Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
• Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.